Ben's Gift Wish List
Things I would like for Christmas/birthday grouped by
Items in small type have been recieved: Thanks!!!
I believe that gifts should be useful and helpfull. This is why
I make christmas lists: so that I can receive gifts that I will enjoy
and find usefull. I make the list large so that an element of
surprise (as well as variety/choice) is available.
I do not expect presents from the higher price
brackets. I only included them "just in case" and for
- Naturally I prefer high quality goods..
$20 to $50
- A good sit-up machine like the one Glendon borrowed
- Music CD's: I'll list a few here, I like some more than
others. If you decide to buy me a CD, I reckon that with some
thought, you should be able to pick a suitable one.
- Steven Curtis Chapman: lastest albumn is "Speachless". "Free" is also interesting, there's a
single, but it is rather old so it might be hard to find.
- Delirious: Mezzamorphis
- Newsboys: Step up to the microphone (I don't think I like
their latest one)
- Small Town Poets
- Burlap to Cashmere : I like two tracks on their CD.
- A Jaycar 12V DC to DC
converter: Either the 800mA one (MP-3013 $23.95) or the 1.5A one
(MP-3019 $33.95) I wouldn't use it very often.
$50 to $100
- An electronic Bible: you can get them from Word, Koorong and
probably the ABC for about $60.
- Software (Before the GST!) - Jasc Paint Shop Pro 6 or
CuteFTP or maybe Claris HomePage upgrade (V2
- There's a nice 3D home planning package around. There's
actually two packages, but one seems heaps better than the
other. One is from IMSI and the other one is to do with
AutoDesk/AutoCAD. I think the IMSI one seemed better.
- Small fire extinguisher for safety (maybe for the car)
- Headset telephone (available from Jaycar: YT-7060 $69.95)
$100 to $150
- Cheap video capture card (could use it for video
- DVD drive (I think they're actully $199). The
all-in-one drive looks nice. I'm unsure about the price.
- DVD decoder card
- Microphones: Shure SM-58 (about $199)
- Special sound cards (Roland)
- CD Burner
- 3D card
- Surround sound speakers.
- Digital camera
MX602A : A really cute, useful little mixer that is made by a
quality company. About $300 (from most music/sound shops)
MX 1604: A useful, flexable, functional mixer that I would
love to have. Probably about $600.
- Computer(s) - a multimedia workstation would be nice :-)
(approx $10,000 - $7,000 PC and then there's software....)
- Video editing hardware ($2000 for Roland video canvas, + $2800
video capture card and software)
- Digital television (not yet available)
- New car - a fuel cell car sounds nice :-)
- Maya (~$17,000) but Mitch would appreciate it much more :-)
- JBL EON powered speakers. Starting at about $1500 each.
This wish list last updated: Janurary 30, 2000